Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Big Girl Bed...The First 24 hours!

Lexi had her first nap in the big girl bed yesterday and it went really well. She slept for about an hour and a half before I woke her up. And she was not happy about being woken!

Last night went not too bad. The girls took awhile to get to sleep, which isn't unusual. Really, I think the biggest struggle with Lexi in the toddler bed is going to be keeping Addy out of it. I realize now that it would have been a much better idea to have 2 of the same beds, because Addy really wants to be in the new bed. But Lexi also really wants to be in her own bed, so that caused some issues.

Before we went to bed, Jamie went in once, and I went in twice. They were also up in the night, which is very, very unusual for them. At that point, Addy had gotten back into Lexi's bed and Lexi was being pushed out of the bed. So I just moved a very sleepy and annoyed Lexi into Addy's bed and they slept in until about 9am. That's pretty early for them, but I'm sure that once the novelty of the bed wears off, they will go back to their regular sleep schedule. When I did go in this morning, I was greeted to a lovely mess. Someone had emptied out Lexi's dresser of most of her clothes. When I asked who did it, Addy replied "Addy did" but I think she may have had some help from her sister. And there was also a nice pile of throw-up on the carpet waiting for me to clean it up.

Lexi is now back in bed for her nap. She went down super easy and I think was just happy to get to be in her bed and not having to share it. She is really tickled with the bed and you can tell she is proud to be in a Big Girl Bed.

So all in all, things have gone much more smoothly than I had anticipated they would. Nothing I didn't expect, other than the aforementioned throw-up on the carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment